Tuesday, August 30, 2005

 

Another great mission you have never heard of...

While in Lelongwe City, Malawi this summer I got aquainted with some of the most real people I know at the Malawi Project. They have an orphanage, a hospital, and a food processing plant. They are structured so that the Malawi people control and oversee the efforts. They have incredible support and recognition from the government. They really take seriously the mission of Jesus to "heal the sick" and "feed the hungry".

They are also serious about reaching the lost. They recently baptized thirteen teenagers staying at their village. I was fortunate enough to meet most of these students during our Herald of Truth campaign. I had never even heard of them, and I found what is one of the finest mission efforts I have ever seen.

I wonder how many more great works of God are never famous. And I guess they don't have to be. God is not about fame and fortune, but about redemptive grace in this world. The only recognition that matters is that we come to know Him.

So thanks Dick, Suzi, Moses and the rest of you. God bless and I'll be back next year.

By the way, if you want in on the secret, check out www.malawiproject.org.

Comments:
Steve,

Thank you so very much for the kind comments you posted on your site about what our brothers are doing with the work in Malawi through Blessings Hospital, the Medalitso Food Plant, Mtendere Village and the Malawi Project. They are certainly a treasure. We will look forward to workingn with you again in 2006, and God Willing, it will be even more powerful than the work you did this year.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?