Wednesday, August 10, 2005

 

I thought is was my truck...

I know I cannot be the only one who has done this, but yesterday I tried to steal a car. Well, not really steal it, but I sure tried to get in the wrong truck. I left the restaurant after lunch, walked to where my truck was parked, and wondered why my remote wouldn't open it. It was the same model, same color, and parked right next to mine. Once I figured out what I was doing, I first worried about who could see me. Then I wondered about what they thought about me. Then I wondered and worried about me - was this the start of early Alzhiemers? At least it helped that one of my good friends and fellow elders was with me. He didn't laugh, or make me feel stupid, or scold me. We just walked to the right truck, got in, and drove off.

It is just like so many other things in life: who sees me, what do they think, and what does this say about me, and what do I do now?

God sees me, He loves me anyhow, and I want to keep molding my life to fit where my heart is. And I want to stay surrounded by real friends. And if I make a mistake... fix it and move on.

And I think that's enough.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?