Wednesday, August 24, 2005

 

Lessons from my Madagascar friends...

Had a Bible study last night with two students from overseas. It is refreshing and humbling to hear them talk about seeing Jesus at ACU, at Southern Hills, and in the lives of people who are serving them in the name of Jesus. Sometimes I hear too much about what the church is doing wrong, how we don't get it, and how we are too dogmatic about some (or even all) of our theology. I actually think we are getting it right most of the time.

My two friends are reminding me that the gospel is simple, the call to Jesus is clear, and that there are lots of focused Christians making a difference in this world. They are deciding right now what to do with the gospel. They are serious and have hearts committed to finding and doing God's will in this world. I"ll let you know what happens.

God is at work in this world. I'm glad to be part of it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?