Monday, August 29, 2005

 

So will they stop the parties...

New Orleans is not the place to be this week. The Superdome is being used as a shelter for poor people, the city is being pounded by storms, and the "good" news is that now it looks like the weaker edge of Katrina will be what hits New Orleans. For a town that has built its reputation on the basis of being able to party 24/7, this has got to be upsetting. Some people are determined to party on... as if this is a temporary inconvenience. Others are openly talking about their faith. It seems to me that this gives people a little different sense of priority.

I pray that God's people will be a living witness of faith and trust, and that this will be an opportunity to turn people's heart to God. And it always makes me wonder how I would act if I were in a similar situation. How about you?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?