Monday, September 19, 2005

 

Celebration Sunday

We had Celebration Sunday yesterday at Southern Hills. Hallal was with us and I was again so impressed with their heart and with their giftedness. Ken Young and his team have really helped our fellowship focus on what it is to praise God. Thanks for your help.

Phil Ware shared in his sermon about following the call of God, and how he and Donna had to wrestle with the decision to come to Southern Hills. I just want to affirm to them that I believe it was a call from God, and they were right to follow it. That's probably just because Marsha and I are so blessed by them personally, but that's fine too. Thanks for being our friends.

My Dad just heard back on the results of his treatment for prostate cancer. Good news- his count is way down, so things look good. You never really come to grips with the fact that your parents are going to die, but it is remarkably comforting to know they have a faith that will take them home. I'm glad they were able to pass it on to me and mine. Thanks. But I am glad it looks like Pap will be around a while longer. Thanks God.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?