Thursday, September 22, 2005

 

Here comes Rita...

Boy, is it interesting to hear people talk about Hurricane Rita. There are those who think this is God's judgement, others who seem to think it the foreshadowing of the coming of Christ. I tend to think it is the weather. I am not sure God exercises his judgement in this way. Does this mean the the area hit by the tsunami and the hurricanes are more wicked than the rest of the world? And I am not sure we will ever be able to clearly identify when the Lord is about to return. But I do believe God is present, and I believe He controls this world. If He did not send these storms, He certainly allowed them to strike.

I would be happy to explain what God was thinking... but I am not God. His ways are far above my ways. Perhaps this is a wake-up call for the people living amidst the destruction. Perhaps it is to claim the attention of this country. Or maybe i is to focus His people. I am sure God is here, He knows what is happening, and He has only our best interests at heart.

I do think there are hearts that are now hungry for God. I believe people are seeking the important things of life: relationships, family, purpose, and life. I believe God is where these are found. I pray that hungry hearts will be filled with His Word.

I commit to do my part.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?