Thursday, September 15, 2005

 

I am a walking sermon illustration...

I had another good opening to my sermon last night, and once again it was right out of my life. It started when Marsha and I met at Taco Bell for a quick bite before church. I was commenting on how my bill was as cheap as hers even tho I had more food. It was then that she pointed out that they had given me the Senior Citizen Discount. I had just about gotten over that when I managed to drop my keys into my large Diet Coke. No, I don't know how I managed to do that. When I went in to rinse them off, I managed to splash water all over my clothes. And of course, there were no paper towels in the holder.

Sometimes our bodies change (Senior citizens), and sometimes they malfunction (keys in a coke), and sometimes things happen to them (water shower with no towels). It's just like the body of Christ: sometimes it changes, and sometimes it doesn't function just like it should, and sometimes things happen to it.

We are the body of Christ. We need each other, we depend on each other, and we are one.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?