Friday, September 16, 2005

 

People I met on the way to heaven...

I had four different people at the house last night for three separate sessions, and I am just reminded again how we are connected to a spiritual family in order to encourage each other on our journey to heaven. The first conversation was about ministry. We talked about how to reach the spiritually hungry in this world with the good news of Jesus. Seeing another person's passion for preaching sharpened me and reminded me how badly I want this world to know Jesus. I will be more focused on mission and ministry today.

The second discussion was with a couple concerned about the welfare of one of their children. She is facing serious decisions and they want to be sure they are doing all the can to guide her and to give wise counsel. It reminded me to be supportive and appreciative of my kids, even as they lead their own families.

The last conversation was with a brother who desires to be the man God wants him to be, the husband God would have him be, and the father he should be. I was supposed to encourage him, and I think I did, but he helped me sharpen my focus.

Thank you God for brothers and sisters to make this journey with.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?