Tuesday, September 20, 2005

 

Reflections of Bid Night...

Last Friday night was bid night at ACU. It is the night that students pledge their fraternity or sorority. As always, it is exhausting, exciting, and encouraging all at once. I am one of the advisors for Galaxy, the club I was in when I was in school. And again I was struck by how things stay the same. The events and activities may change, but the young men in my club are much the same now as they were over thirty years ago when I pledged.

I am amazed at how intimidated they can be (even when they shouldn't be). I am surprised how anxious some of them are to be accepted. I am happy to see the depth of spirituality among so many of them. I am thankful for the leadership I see exhibited by our officers, and their determination to do things right. So does everything go just like it should? Of course not. There are young men in my club who do not know Jesus, and others who are struggling in their Christian walk. In other words, we are just like every other group of people at ACU.

I continue to be a supporter of social clubs. I do not believe they are for everyone, but they serve as a great tool for student involvement, leadership, and fun. I enjoy my time spent with the men in my fraternity, and I support the other social clubs on campus. They are important to ACU. I just hope everyone else realizes that.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?