Thursday, September 29, 2005

 

They said it couldn't be done...

You are not supposed to be able to tip over a kayak. That's what they said at the dock. That's what those in the group said- the one's who were all experienced in kayaks. I sure wasn't going to say I wasn't sure about it. After all, I'm a guy, right? We were out in Puget Sound and it was spectacular: seals, ducks, scenery, coastline, woods, and water. We were over two hours into our three hour trip. I was skimming along, a little behind, but for a guy who had no clue what he was doing... not bad.

Then all of a sudden, I was in: I don't know how, I don't know why, I don't know what I did wrong. The group leader said it wasn't my fault. The waves had gotten up, we were too far out from the shore...blah, blah, blah. All I know is it was wet, cold, and a little frightning. Shore seems a lot farther away when you are towing a kayak.

But now its sort of funny. And its a good story, and a good sermon illustration. You know, sailing through life, not paying attention, in over your head, get out of it, learn your lesson, be more careful next time.

Thanks God for saving me... and I don't just mean in the ocean.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?