Tuesday, October 18, 2005

 

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched...

We have all heard that saying, but it was brought home again last night as I stayed up to watch the Astros celebrate. Oops. Everyone assumed it was over, it should have been over, it seemed like it was over. It's like the "best laid plans" situation. You make your plans, you execute your plan, and the next thing you know... your fantasy team is 1 and 5. You just can't count on anything to be a sure thing.

Now I wonder if I do that spiritually. I just assume God is going to let me live out a full measure of my days, and I will go out preaching at the ripe old age of 120. And of course, I will have full possessions of all my faculties. But I don't think I can count on that. In fact, the only thing I am sure of is that God is in control and that He will do what is best. And if I can only count on one thing... that is the one I would chose.

By the way, Julie is doing well. Jake's signs are good, the tear seems about healed, and she is getting tired of all the bed rest. Thanks for the prayers. Keep them up.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?