Thursday, October 06, 2005

 
Thanks to all of you who offered me your glasses after last night. You forget them one time and its a big deal. And yes, I was quoting most of those passages because I couldn't read them. But thanks also to all of you who responded to the message in such a positive way. It proves the point of the lesson: God does an incredible work through not so incredible people. It's always about Him and never about us.

It was a great night at HIP. Jonathon and the praise team were wonderful, Phil and Gary used their gifts as always. And the Garden of Prayer was amazing. It was moving to watch Trina, and Jonathon, and Gary, and Tony, and Ann, and Phil, and on it goes. Some of you know their stories, and I am moved by their faithfulness. They have all faced struggles and trials and I believe the work of God is seen in their lives. They do model God's work in this world.

Going back to New Orleans tomorrow. God continues to work in His world to bring people to Him. My friend Paul Jones, preacher at the Riverside church in Lafayette, told me this morning of more people coming to the Lord. He said the hurricanes were worth it because of the souls who would now be in heaven. Good perspective.

God help us all to plant seeds of Jesus wherever we go.

Comments:
Steve: Thanks so much for your message last night. I truly hope and pray that God and His power and love shine through my struggles. I hope that I am a bright page in His portfolio, and that when people see me, that the way I have handled the pain and struggle is a testimony of God's power, love and grace! Lord, help me to be that shining message each day for you! Amen.
 
Anne,

You serve as an example of faith in ways you will never know. Your example has, and is, helping our familly even as we speak. Thanks.


Steve
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?