Tuesday, October 04, 2005

 

Walk on the correct side of the road...

It drives me nuts: runners and walkers on the wrong side of the road. I thought everyone knew that you always run facing traffic (that is, on the left of the road). That way you can see what the oncoming traffic is doing. At least if it doesn't look like they can see you, you can bail out and not get hit. If you are on the right, you may never know you are in danger until it is too late.

Sometimes I even tell runners they ought to move to the other side of the road. Some of them seem to appreciate it, some act like I'm some kind of idiot, and others just ignore me. I guess they think they know best. And all I'm trying to do is to help them. I may not look like much of a runner any more, but over thirty years of running on roads has taught me a few things.

It's kind of like spiritual advice. Some appreciate it, some think I'm an idiot, and some just ignore me. But over forty years of following Jesus has taught me a few things, and I do know where the danger spots are. I've even learned how to avoid them.

I guess I can't control whether anyone takes my advice, but I sure don't want an accident on my conscience. So I will keep sharing truth as I know it...that's the only thing I can control. The rest is up to them. And that's true for all of walking- physical or spiritual.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?