Tuesday, November 15, 2005

 

Back Home Again

Four countries in ten days is a little much, but it was a great trip to South America. I got a lot of planning done for Herald of Truth ministries in Cuba, Chile and Venezuela. I enjoyed meeting brothers from other countries and realizing how much we have in common. We don't look the same, we don't speak the same language, and we don't share the same culture. But we do share the same heart, and that is always a wonderful experience.

I had to fly two legs of the trip by myself and that always makes me a bit nervous. Strange airports and poor English coupled with horrible Spanish always make it interesting. I know just enough Spanish to know the subject of conversation, and yet not enough to really participate. I enjoy watching people try to help me understand. They speak very slow and they get louder as if that will help me understand. It's just hard to really feel at home in a foreign culture.

I guess that's how we should always feel in this world. After all, it is not really our home either. We should always be a little out of step and even feel a little strange till we go home. And I am again reminded that visitors to our world at church ofter feel a little out of place. They don't always speak the language and they are not sure where they fit.

I'm going to be more sensitive to my friends who visit church with me. After all, we may find out that we share the same heart.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?