Tuesday, November 29, 2005

 

It's Not Thanksgiving for everyone...

I enjoy Thanksgiving so much that sometimes I forget that it is difficult for many others. Just this past Thanksgiving I was reminded of how tough this life is for some of my closest friends.

One of my friends relapsed over the Holidays. He has seriously committed to fighting an addiction, and he slipped up. Another friend checked into a rehab program the week before Thanksgiving. Other families we are close to spent part of their holidays in hospital rooms or in funeral homes.

All this just reminds me that life is tough and God is faithful.

Which I guess makes me thankful. So my friends actually were thankful: some for God's grace, some for healing, some for courage to face sin, and some because God welcomed his people home.

I need to remain thankful in tough times and in good times because God is always faithful.

Thank you, God.

Comments:
Steve: Doctor's appointments went great today! Check out my new blog for the details! www.annejones.blogspot.com
Thanks so much for all of your prayers! God is listening!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?