Tuesday, November 01, 2005

 

Life's a Roller Coaster

Up: Our daughter Julie got to come to church Sunday. After three weeks of bed rest she was ready to get out. She is able to start working about three hours a day at her job as a school nurse. God is good and all of your prayers mean so much.

Down: Spent some time this weekend with some really good friends who are going through a real tough time spiritually with one of their kids. They are trying to say the right things, do the right things, and even feel the right things.

Up: I am leaving today for ten days in South America. I will be working on plans for Herald of Truth ministry projects in Cuba, Mexico, Chile, and Venezuela. I will be in Guatamala, Panama, Chile, and Peru meeting with various missionaries and others.

Down: Another couple we are very close to has a daughter who is having a tumor removed today. We are confident it will be benign, but it is emotional.

Up: Had breakfast this morning with Stephen Corbitt, our senior youth minister at Southern Hills. Lots of good things happening with out youth group.

Down: Met last night with a friend whose marriage is in real trouble.

Up: Remembering God loves me, Jesus died for me, and I'll live in heaven forever.

I think about the life of David, Peter, and even Jesus...and they were rollercoasters too. I'm glad God is in control.

Comments:
I am glad that Julie is able to be up and around. Have a safe trip.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?