Monday, November 28, 2005

 

Thanksgiving Reflections

It happened again. I ate way too much. I do every year. I think you are supposed to eat too much. It was a great day... we had both sets of parents, both sets of kids (and Anna Claire), and various other extended family. As always, we spent some time reflecting on what we were thankful for in the past year. I'm sure your list is much like mine...but here are some of the things I was thankful for in 2005:

I'm thankful Bobby married Julie. He has blessed her life and ours with his love and sense of humor.

Anna Claire was born last August. What a delight and inspiration. She has been absolutely wonderful.

My Dad has overcome prostate cancer and has a clean bill of health.

Julie and Jake (due in January) survived the wreck. I was reminded again of how special the family of God is...and how valuable prayer is, especially when you don't know what else to do.

Julie, Mom, and I all had job changes this year. In my case, it was also a career change. God has power to do amazing things in our lives.

Most of all, every one of us is thankful for the gift of life made possible by Jesus. How do people survive without him?

And may God help me to never need a holiday to remember how thankful I am for what He has done, and is doing, in my life.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?