Monday, December 12, 2005

 

Back from New Orleans

I spent last week in New Orleans and once again I am overwhelmed with all that I saw and experienced. Here are just a few reflections.

...no matter how many times I see the individual houses trashed out, I cannot get over seeing the ruined pictures and toys. They really get to me.

...I worshipped with Carrollton Ave. church of Christ Wednesday and was struck by their joy and determination. And most of them are still working to get their houses back in shape.

...I don't care what you hear, New Orleans will never be the same.

...I am so encouraged by the obvious enthusiasm of the churches in and around New Orleans to use this disaster to reach the lost.

...People matter and homes matter. Things and houses don't.

...I like electricity, hot water, beds, and bathrooms.

...Beignets are still good at Cafe Monde, and yes we did go there. And it is open.

So God help me to remember that my house can be destroyed, but not my home. And thank you for all the things I take for granted. Help us to reach the searching hearts for you. Let your work be seen in our lives.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?