Friday, December 23, 2005

 

Thanks to our small group...

Today I am writing in praise of my small group. We meet twice a month (sometimes more and sometimes less), and we eat together, laugh together, pray together, share lots together, and cry together. We have prayed each other through many a spiritual and physical crisis. We have been supportive, given advice, and just been there for each other.

We take care of each other's families, and we are the first line of defense when Satan tries to tempt one of us. They were the very first ones to show up after Julie's wreck, and not just to take care of Mom and I, but to take care of Julie and Bobby. It is fair to say I would not be an elder today if not for my small group.

So I hope you have one. If not, start praying for God to put the people in your life to grow together. And if you do have a small group, be sure and let them know you appreciate them. You can even salute them on your blog...or on mine. We really think ours are all family. So thanks to John and Jana, Tim and Traci, and Phil and Donna. We love you and God bless.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?