Monday, January 30, 2006

 

God is changing lives...

I spent yesterday with the church in Cross Plains. I was conducting a series for Herald of Truth on the recent disasters and what God is doing thru them. While there, I met Robert and Amanda. I share some of their story with their permission. They met a few months ago at a bar and moved in together. He has spent most of his life in rebellion against God, and she knew very little of God until recently. She spent three years living on the streets, and he has battled alcohol. They lost their trailer in the fire and the next day he broke his leg in an incident involving "alcohol and temper".

While Robert was recovering, they realized that they could not continue living the way they were. They became convinced that God had a reason for sparing their lives in times they believe they could have died. They became convinced that the fire was a wake-up call for their life. Robert knew where the answers were found and they began visiting the church of Christ in Cross Plains with his mother.

They were there for the entire day yesterday and shared their story with me over lunch. Amanda expressed a strong desire give her life to Jesus and Robert was committed to returning to God. I got to pray with them during the last session of the series and the local preacher and one of the elders committed to continue working with them.

I got a call late last night that Amanda had been baptized into Christ and that she and Robert were getting married. I think that is a wedding I will try to attend.

A fire, a mother's love, a remembered faith, a loving fellowship, God's Word preached...

You are playing roles in God's work like this every day. Keep it up.

God, you work in ways we can never understand to bring people to you. Thanks for letting me be a little piece of your work in this world.

Comments:
WAY cool. Thanks for sharing.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?