Tuesday, January 10, 2006

 

Jake is here...

Jake Ryder Gilbreth is here. Julie and Jake are both doing fine, as is Bobby. Jake is just a shade over 21 inches and weighed 9 lbs., 4 ounces. But the best thing about Jake is that he is loved. Yes, his grandparents love him and I'm sure we will all spoil him rotten. And of course, Julie and Bobby are thrilled and committted to love and nurture him. It was all the other love for Jake that struck me the most yesterday.

I was reminded by what a loving family he is part of now. Watching his great-grandparents hold him was amazing. Watching aunts and uncles ( and great aunts and uncles) was special. And the ones that weren't here yet kept calling for updates and prayer. Jake's spiritual family is incredible. Elders and their wives, our small group, people that love us and Jake from church all came and called and prayed. I am not just talking about Southern Hills either. God's family is so much more than one congregation.

Most of all, I was struck by God's love. He protected Jake from the wreck, and He delivered him safe. I don't know all of God's plan for Jake, but it is special. Bobby and Julie see Jake as part of God's plan for their life. And he is part of God's plan for Mom and I. Maybe Jake is even part of God's plan for you. After all, we are family.

And thanks God for continuing to bless me way beyond what I deserve or can even imagine.

Comments:
YEAH!! A healthy baby boy! Please send Julie my love and congratulations. Isn't it just unimaginable to think of how God will use these new little ones for His purpose?
 
Congratulations! Tll Julie that Jake is a wonderful name for blonde headed boys! I hope that she is feeling okay! I can't wait to see him! Rebecca Leggett
 
Congratulations to Bobby and Julie, and you and Marsha, as well as the rest of the family! I am so overjoyed that Jake is here and doing great! I know God has great plans for Jake, just as he does for Levi, and, well, all of us! Can't wait to watch Jake and Levi play together, and grow up as young men who Love the Lord! God bless, and send my love to Julie!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?