Thursday, January 19, 2006

 

Jonathon and Jennifer

This is the post I don't want to do. Jonathon and Jennifer Ross are leaving Southern Hills. He is moving to Houston to work with a church down there. I know I am partial to praise leaders for several reasons. The first is that good ones enhance my worship experience so much. And any preacher will tell you that your preaching is helped by dynamic, thoughtful praise time. It is a hard job too. I know, I used to do it (only then we called it song leading).

Even more than that, I am going to miss Jonathon and Jennifer. They are special to Marsha and I, and we feel in some ways it is like our own kids moving. They are loving, committed Christians and our family will miss them. I treasure my relationship with Jonathon and I will miss our lunches and our prayer time together.

This is one of those times when I don't like being an elder. When Jonathon and Jennifer first shared this possibility with us, the shepherd in me wanted to guide them to what was best for their family and their growth. The elder in me wanted to keep them at Southern Hills no matter what. But they are going to Bammel Road and we will miss them.

We will survive at Southern Hills. I worried when D. J. Bulls left us. He had done so much to build our praise team and was so instrumental in the beginning of HIP. But God called him to another ministry and we found Jonathon. So I am praying for whoever God will bring us next.
And He will bring us the right man. He always has.

Comments:
I am so sad that they are leaving...feeling very selfish right now. I know that God has great plans for both them, and for Southern Hills. They will really be missed!

Also, a quick note that Levi has had two great Doctor's visits this week! We are awaiting the latest sugar test results. I can't wait for April to be here!
 
Thank you for loving my family. They are incredible. Thank you also for praying for their future.
 
Steve,
Drop me an email if you get the chance. I'm interested in doing what I can to help in the interim. I'll miss the Ross' as well.
Jason
jkf96a@acu.edu
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?