Friday, January 13, 2006

 

Real Men Cry

I know that I am a crier. Some of the university students take bets on when I will tear up during my lessons. I cry during the Garden of Prayer when I visit and pray with my flock. Of course today I cried while I was holding my grandson Jake. I guess that is when I started thinking about men and their tears. If you want to be a man of God, learn to cry. And I am not talking about any of the situations above.

I am talking about the tears when no one is there to see them. I cry in front of thousands but the meaningful tears are when I am alone with my God. I cry tears of regret for sin and missed opportunity. I cry for joy at the fact that my Lord died for me. Sometimes I cry because my heart is full of love. I cry because I am so blessed. I believe that it is these tears that form us as God's man.

My favorite Bible heroes were criers (David and Peter), and they were real men. They were real men of God.

If you want to be God's husband, father, son, brother, or friend... learn to cry the alone tears. It really will make you more of a man. God's man. And someday He himself will wipe away my tears.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?