Monday, February 27, 2006

 

I survived Lectureship...

ACU Lectureship is always fascinating. For an organization like Herald of Truth, it is an opportunity for networking, visiting, exploring partnership opportunities, and letting people know what is going on in our ministry. It is exciting, emotional, exhausting, and entertaining all at once. And once it is all over, and I have a little time to reflect, I am struck by how much I gained from it.

I am continually encouraged by the people I get to meet, visit with, pray with, and get to know. I spent a week connecting with people that love the Lord, love the lost, and love each other. We won't always agree on everything, but I remain convinced that God is doing a great work in his world at this time. I see it in many ministries, but mostly I see it in the lives of people that God is touching.

People are sharing the gospel of Jesus not just in all parts of the world, but in their neighborhoods. People are spending time in the Word, and developing their prayer life. I hear less talk of ministry, but more talk of calling. I hear less about numbers, and more about people.

So thanks to everyone who touched my life this past week. Won't it be exciting to see what doors God opens next?

Comments:
Entertaining? You said it! And you didn't even have to dress up in 1906 period clothing (yep, I did!)

As much as lectureship causes the sweeping, laundry, and other details of life to slide at my house, I generally get a charge out of it, too. And, like you, I get more energy and excitement from my time connecting with people than I do from attending classes.

Thank YOU for touching MY life, and no, I can't WAIT to see what God is going to do next! :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?