Thursday, February 02, 2006

 

Restoring broken marriages...

I have a real passion to help those caught in the grip of sin. I want Satan defeated, I want sin killed, and I want marriages healed. I happen to spend much of my time with those who have "blown up" their marriage and I know how much courage, effort, and faith it takes to defeat the demons driving lives the wrong direction. But today I want to say a word about those who extend grace, forgiveness, and restoration to penitent sinners. In particular, I lift up the mates who do this for struggling spouses.

Some have endured repeated hurts and pain. Others, one time sins. Just as the spouse caught in sin is called to repentance, their spouse is called to forgiveness. And in its own way, it takes even more courage, effort, and faith to rebuild relationships when you have been hurt so badly.

It breaks my heart to see someone destroy their marriage by their sin, and it breaks my heart to see someone who will not let their marriage be rebuilt. I know it is not fair, but don't play the fairness card with Jesus. It will not work. God will never call you to do something He will not equip you to do. Nor will He call you to do something He has not done Himself.

We salute the sinner who comes home... and we should. But today I want to salute the husbands and wives who recieve them home. God bless you for modeling Jesus in a cynical and sinful world.

Comments:
Seen this. . .been there. . .done that. . .bought the t-shirt. It's worth the hurt, the effort, the work to repair it all--to forgive. Almost 8 years on the other side of my biggest hurt--my most painful accidental discovery of infidelity after months of suspecting it, he still thanks me for not making him leave. I still thank him for staying.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?