Thursday, March 02, 2006

 

I got upset by a blog...

I don't read many blogs, and on the ones I read I rarely leave comments. I barely have time to keep up with my own (as you know). However, someone asked me to check out another blog by someone who has endured a lot of cheap shots from people who do not agree with his theology, or by those who do not even know his theology. Well, his blog got even. He took some shots back at those with whom he does not agree. His were not particularly harsh, but it sure opened the door for some tough comments.

So what upset me? After all, I've been shot at a few times myself... sometimes from the left and sometimes from the right. And boy have I wanted to fire back a few times. And I probably have more than I should have. And I do understand the hurt. Even Marsha has taken shots from people over things I preached.

Here's the thing: why do we all think the people who disagree with us are taking cheap shots, while it's OK for us to have "fun" at their expense. I am fairly sure the only one really laughing is Satan. So my issue is not with the person who wrote the blog. I think he is a good man who makes me think and I consider him a friend. I just don't want us to open the door to this garbage anymore.

We can disagree. We can even see how wrong someone else is (at least by our standards). We can even laugh at some of the absurdities (others and our own). But at what point do we cross the line?

By the way, I sure can tell when everyone else crosses the line. God help me to see it when I do.

And I'm sure someone will let me know.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?