Wednesday, March 01, 2006

 

I love Spring Training...

I love baseball and Spring Training. It is a time of optimism and new beginnings. This year I believe the Rangers really have decent pitching, they will stay healthy, the big hitters will hit, and the players that didn't come through last year have gotten it figured out this year. Every team thinks that this year they have it figured out. And they all can see the playoffs. Of course, most of them, and their fans, are wrong. But there is just something about new beginnings that gives hope.

We see it in life sometimes too. Every newlywed has visions of how great their marriage will be. Every parent of a newborn baby sees nothing but greatness ahead. Every new Christian is never going to take their eye off of Jesus. And sometimes we get some of this wrong. Life gets in the way of spouses and children. Satan attacks the people of God.

Yet I see life just like Spring Training. This time I am going to get it right. I think this view of life and love and new beginnings is fundamental to our Christianity... ever hopeful, ever believing, ever confident.

And some of those teams and their fans are right. Some of them do win.

We win too and it is because of Jesus. So every day my marriage will be better, my kids stronger, and my walk straighter. Bring on the season, I'm ready to play.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?