Wednesday, March 22, 2006

 

James is wearing me out...

Why did I ever agree to preach thru James during HIP this semester? That book is wearing me out. Tonite we are working in James 3 about controlling our tongue. Fat chance (that's a loose interpretation of James). It really is the most difficult part of our selves to bring into submission to Christ. It is the instrument Satan uses to destroy lives. I have lots of regrets in my life (tho I don't confuse forgiveness with regrets), but my greatest are things I said. Sometimes my words have led to sin, sometimes my words have hurt those I love, and sometimes my words made it harder for people to see Jesus.

I could get pretty depressed about it, but it's not wise to live in the past. So I resolve to work harder in the future. I am going to bite my tongue when I need to. I am going to work harder at saying the right thing to encourage others. I am going to be thankful for those of you who have said the right thing to me.

And I am going to keep getting an elder to pray over my sermon every time I speak.

What are your helpful hints for using our tongues in the way God intended?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?