Monday, March 20, 2006

 

Zechariah who?

I taught the University class Sunday on Zechariah. I am ashamed to admit it but it has been awhile since I read this great book, much less taught on it. It did remind me of one of my favorite passages in all of the Bible, Zechariah 3: 1-4. It is a scene of judgement when Satan stands ready to accuse one of God's servants. Go read it now. I love it when God rebukes Satan and says this man is a burning stick snatched from the fire. Then they take off the filthy garments (our sin) and put on rich garments. That's me at judgement...a man snatched out of the fire. I love that passage.

It's been a while since I preached that passage. Now I am going to use it lots and lots. I wonder how it dropped off my radar for a while. And what other great passages am I missing out on? Maybe we ought to take a moment and reflect back on the great passages from God's Word that we haven't thought of for a while.

Don't you have a passage that really speaks to you as this one does to me?

Share it with someone, and start with me. Maybe it speaks to me also.

Comments:
In my constant quest to live in God's JOY, God led me to 2 Corinthians 2:14: "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him."

Triumphal procession --is a victory parade!! We win, and God is leading us in a parade, and the purpose of the parade is to spread the sweet aroma of what it means to know Him!! I truly love that verse and try to join in the victory parade every day!
 
Psalms 18:28

"Oh LORD, You light my lamp. My God turns my darkness into light."

This is the verse we have chosen for Levi. He is truly a LIGHT for our family, and such a symbol of our hope and God's love for us! God is 'shining' His love down for all of us to see.

Another favorite of mine is Titus 3:4-8.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?