Thursday, April 06, 2006

 

Marsha's Birthday...

Well, today is Mom's (or Mimi as she is now known) birthday. Everyone will say it is not correct to call your wife "Mom" or "Mimi" (her grandmother name). But if you know Marsha, that's who she is. She has more adopted daughters than anyone I know. And today is her birthday. I would tell you how old she is but some of you would yell about that. But she probably wouldn't. She just doesn't have the age hang-up. Maybe it's because she carries her years really, really well, or maybe its because she loves her life, but she doesn't get uptight about how old she is.

Of course I have to buy something for her birthday. Our daughter Julie will come up with something great. Our son Joe Don will too (tho it may be thanks to Jamie). And I will come up with nothing. Or something that is really pathetic. And why will no one give me a good suggestion? Well, I'll do the best I can, and hope its the thought that counts.

So Mimi...happy birthday. For all those you love, mentor, shepherd, laugh with, cry with, counsel and pray with-thanks for being you. You are a living model of Proverbs 31.

It's your birthday, but I got the best gift of all. And I thank God every day for you. I love you.

Comments:
Happy Birthday Marsha/ Mimi!! She is one of the women I am thankful for in my life -- someone who I look to as an example of always taking care of family while seeking God's will in her life. Many more, Marsha!
 
Happy Birthday Mom! Thank you for taking me into your house while I was in school. I really don't know how I would have made it my freshman and sophmore year with out the Ridgells. I even made Monterey Jack Chicken last night! Love to you.
Paige
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?