Friday, May 19, 2006

 

33 years and counting...

Today is our 33rd wedding aniversary. In some ways it seems like yesterday and in some ways it seems like we have always been married. And I think both of those feelings are pretty special.

It does seem like just yesterday in so many ways. And sometimes I still feel just like I did then. She still makes my heart leap and she still is the one I would pick if I had to start all over again. And I know we still don't look the same. She has a husband who has gained an extra forty pounds (I was pretty skinny when we started), and compensated by losing all his hair. She, on the other hand, carries her years very well. We really are close in age: I look 10 years older and she looks 10 years younger. And I like it that way.

Then sometimes it seems we have been married forever, and I like that too. The two of us have become one. For all the ups and downs, for all the struggles, for all the pain, for all the baggage we have gained from life...I cannot imagine life without her. We have produced two kids, got two other kids in marriage, and now have two grandkids. We have baptized lots, fed thousands, given much spiritual counsel, laughed often, cried some, "adopted" lots of extra kids, opened our home to more people than we can remember, and preached thousands of sermons. We have been shepherds, parents, Mimi and Pops, friends, and counselors.

And we still are. And it is because we are friends, lovers, soul-mates, partners, critics, helpers, and buddies. And I still don't know anyone I would rather live life with. So happy anniversary. I look forward to the next 33 years. What a ride it has been. I love you.

Comments:
Thanks for leading the way for us! Happy anniversary!
 
Thank you for your example of what a good and Godly marriage should and can look like! Happy anniversary!
 
Congratulations on all the memories, and for the many more yet to be made!
 
Ridg...
Congrats to you and Marsha! You are wonderful people who form many people! In fact, even in my plans for a wedding in July, Meghan (My finacee) and I have talked about you! Congrats on the anniversary and even more so on learning to use a computer!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?