Friday, May 26, 2006

 

Last day of school...

Today Marsha finishes another year of teaching school. If you think the students are happy to see this day, you should see the teachers. So I've been thinking about teachers today. I know lots of Christians who teach, coach, and administer in our public schools. They are on the front lines being salt and light in our world. They are generally overworked and underpaid. And they take lots of flack (and sometimes that word is too nice) that they should not have to put up with. Almost every teacher I know is in the business because they love young people and enjoy what they do.

I am so thankful for the teachers in my life: the Christian teachers who modeled Jesus and loved me enough to never give up on me, and also the teachers who loved knowledge and gave me the tools to learn and communicate. And I appreciate the teachers who did the same for Julie and Joe Don.

So thank your child's teacher today, and next year, and the year after that. They are molding your child's future. So to my wife and all the other teachers who just wrapped up another year... thanks and God bless. You do make a difference.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?