Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 

Close calls and angels...

Marsha and I were in Atlanta a few days ago to perform a wedding. The trip was wonderful except for one scary experience. We were coming back from the wedding and turning into the road for the hotel. All of sudden a SUV came out of a fast food lot and never looked at us. I remember praying that God would help me swerve enough so that it would hit us in back portion of the car and not right in Marsha's door. I clearly remember being thankful it was going to miss the door and nail us in the rear panel. And then it missed us. It shouldn't have, don't know how it did, but it did.

It was as if God scooted us over another couple of feet. Or did God's angels protect us? Maybe it was just dumb luck. Or maybe I miscalulated how close it was. But we're believers so we are going to give God the credit. And because I do believe in angels, I think maybe they were watching over us.

I've had many close calls and so have my kids. And so have you. How do you explain your escape from near death experiences? Skill, luck, fate...or God. I can't explain everything, but when in doubt-I think I'll give God the credit.

Comments:
I'm cautious by nature, and my dad taught me several "defensive driving" techniques before I ever got behind the wheel -- but I still got my license (legally) at 15. Yeah, I've had my fair share of close calls -- and not only in a car. I must give God credit, assume He still has work for me to do here, and get busy doing it.
 
I try to remind myself that I am not "lucky", I am "blessed". Blessed in SO MANY ways.

Glad you are safe!:)
 
Oh Steve. Tonight as we swerved to miss a car that ran a red light and would have hit the car with all 4 of us, broadsided on Parker's and Stacey's side, I thanked God for protection. I even thought of you and this blog, crazy I know. God's angels were definitely with us. Thankful!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?