Tuesday, June 27, 2006

 

On the road again...

I just returned from Chile yesterday and today I fly out to Louisville, Ky. In Chile we were working with our campaign for the Herald of Truth Nation by Nation project. Rex Morgan out of Miami produces our television shows and the local congregations handle the follow-up responses. Four different congregations hosted sessions for the campaign. Alabanza, the praise team led by Sam Cook, also worked with us on the campaign. They had about 50 visitors, set up many studies, and baptized one while we were there. I preached lots, prayed lots, planned lots, and talked lots. I'm worn out but in a good way.

I always enjoy worshipping in different cultures. It reminds me how wonderful the family of God is around this world. It also reminds me to keep sharing with everyone with our world the wonderful news of Jesus. I am convinced that all over this world there are souls hungry for the good news of Jesus. The urgency to tell this world about Jesus sure makes some of our local issues difficult to deal with.

I will be in Louisville for the North American Christian Conference. This event is a gathering of restoration churches and is hosted by the independent Christian church. There is lots of talk about our "coming together". There are lots of misunderstandings I hear floating about, and maybe I'll share my thoughts in a future blog. I have preached for some of these churches and talked to many of their preachers. I admire their passion for evangelism and their conviction to preach the Bible. However, I don't think they have everything figured out and we have everything messed up.

I don't agree with everything they believe, but then I don't agree with everything some of our churches believe. And I do think that we agree on what I consider to be gospel. Anyway, I look forward to being with them and continuing to build bridges of fellowship.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?