Friday, July 14, 2006

 

Church should be like my Doctor visit...

I didn't want to go. It was a visit to my skin Doctor (actually my skin Nurse Practitioner), Lori Jones. I had to go because I had bump/spot/harmless nothing/hideous tumor come up on my face. Those of you who know me understand that I worried about it but didn't want to go check it out. Not bright, huh. Of course, it's not exactly like I have to worry about preserving my good looks. And then I waited to get in for TWO hours, even with an appointment. Evidently they lost my chart.

Then when I got in, Lori and her team were friendly, fun, and they fixed it (they froze it...many times).

It later dawned on me that I wish people would see our churches that way. They may wait a while to get there, and they may not think they want to be there, and they may have horrible things in their life. They may be worried, scared, angry, or anxious. And when they finally visit us, they find us friendly, fun, and we fix things.

In fact, that's pretty much my life...friendly, fun, and I fix people. And every one on those is directly tied to my relationship with Jesus.

I think this is not a bad thing to be known for: fun, friendly, and we fix people.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?