Tuesday, July 11, 2006

 

It' just not true...

I heard this illustration again today and decided its time to debunk this myth. One of our singles at Herald of Truth brought this up and almost everyone there had heard it. You have probably heard some version of this marriage myth. The first year of marriage you put a penny (or a bean or a rock) in a bowl every time you make love. Then beginning in year two you take one out every time. And the punch line is that you never empty the bowl. It seems good for laughs, and many mentoring couples may even believe it is a good dose of reality.

I think it is horrible. Who would want a marriage where sex was only good and exciting for one year. And why would we want to plant those thoughts in the mind of our young couples. I enjoy seeing couples older than us who are still in love, still cute, and still cuddly. And I hope that couples younger than us see that marriage is still exciting and thrilling after a lot of years.

I hope your wife still puts a sparkle in your eye, and I hope your husband is still the man of your dreams. So put another penny in the jar tonight. Don't ever take them out, but just get another jar...and another...and another.

Aren't you still glad you married your mate?

I am.

Comments:
I say let the young guys think they have it all figured out and have cornered the market on good times in a marriage. Almost 15 years later, I'm just glad the first year wasn't as good as it gets.
 
Nathaniel is the love of my life...the first year, and now the fifth! For us, life together just keeps getting better!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?