Monday, August 28, 2006

 

So Pluto's not a planet...

How can they do that? So many of us grew up learning the planets in science class. And now I find out they had it wrong. What's next? Some will even question the string theory of physics. No, I don't understand it. I just know it was the theory that provided answers to many physics questions. It was very uncool to even question it, but now it is evidently cool to raise questions about it.

Well, all that is just to say that maybe science doesn't have all the answers. And maybe everything does not have to be explained. We live in a world that has any number of competing value systems. I wonder how it feels if science and/or knowledge is the basis of your value system?

I for one like some certainty in my value system. The things I base my life on are constant, and they don't change. I believe the Bible is the word of God. I believe Jesus died for my sins, he was buried, and he was raised on the third day. I believe my faith in Jesus enables me to live forever.

And I'm glad the 10 commandments are not 9 today and 11 tommorrow. I don't have to check and see how many apostle's we're counting today. So I'm glad for a little affirmation that I am still making the right choice. Aren't you?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?