Thursday, September 14, 2006

 

More reflections on old and young...

Some of you raised the question about only being as old as you feel. You know, some days you feel twenty years younger, and some days twenty years older, than you really are. And then there is the debate about looking older - or younger- than you really are. But the most interesting question is why are some old people so young... and why are some young people so old. You've met them. I have known college students who were already little old men. And I have know old people who are young, like my friend Georgia. She is 81 and went to Cuba with us this summer.

So what makes some old people stay young. It may have to do with attitude. How excited are you about life? Do you think of the future more than the past? Are you an optimist? Are you still up for new challanges?

I think I will be young till the day I die. People that just see me always think I must be older than I really am. But people that know me, spend time with me, or hear me preach, always think I am younger than I really am.

Maybe it has to do with Jesus. After all, if you know you are immortal (and believers are)... then it's easy to stay young.

How about you?

Comments:
I heard someone say, "If your memories are bigger than your dreams, then you're heading in the wrong direction." I think those are old people, no matter their age.

I think the "chronically young" (which I want to be) are always wanting to get something else accomplished.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?