Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

Reflections on Lectureship...

Another Lectureship has come and gone. I don't know how the September date will work. Crowds seemed down to me, but then I thought they were about to be non-existent in February.

...Mark Love and the people at ACU are committed to making Lectureship an outstanding spiritual experience. I really believe it is more than a tradition to them.

...I loved the Coffee Group class. Yes it was a class for ladies and yes they are part of my flock at Southern Hills and yes I am prejudiced. But I still think they are great. I was especially touched by Tammy as she talked about God being God no matter what happens to her son Jack. She has a powerful testimony about God's grace.

... Phil Ware is brilliant. Of course I don't always agree with him, but it may be because I don't understand what he is saying. He is really perceptive about communicating with moderns using tools and resources that they use every day.

...Thanks to the HIP praise team. I was there Tues and the first part of Wed. What a blessing to be led in worship by you. Keep using those talents.

... Tim Archer and Skye Noe are incredible additions to the Herald of Truth ministry team. I really believe God is going to use us to do great things.

... I know I should get tired of hearing men like Rick Atchley, Mike Cope, Lynn Anderson and others. I must be a groupie. But they are always relevent and always make me think.

... went to a class taught by Darren Reese (and others). He is like another son to me. Couldn't help really feeling proud of what God is doing in his life. I really did always know God would do great things with Darren, Joe Don, and their other friends.

... lots of you must read this blog because so many of you asked why I don't keep it more current. Sorry. I'll try to do better. It's just that it comes after being Director of Ministry at HoT, eldering at Southern Hills, preaching HIP, being husband, Dad, and Pops. Well...you get the picture.

Anyway, I guess I actually like Lectureship. Who would have thought it.

Comments:
I imagine that two lectureships in one year is going to natually dilute the crowds.

Fall lectureship is probably going to be good for the program in the long run, but one area I see significantly impacted is the presence of campus ministers. This time of year is no beuno for them to be heading off to conferences.
 
Lectureship was "out there" for so long -- and now it's over!! With many precious memories included. I didn't realize Skye had become part of the "Hour of Power" team:-) He will be a great addition!

And HIP was awesome!! And Coffee Group was so much fun! AND from what I hear -- Phil is way too deep for me to come listen to! I think Southern Hills was well represented!
 
I thought being on the program made me love lectureship more but maybe it was just better? My only regret was I couldn't go to every class I wanted to!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?