Sunday, November 26, 2006

 

Thanksgiving reflections...

I really wasn't going to do one of those "what I'm thankful for..." posts, but I've had four opportunities over the holidays to share my personal thanks, and it has really made me think. So for what it's worth, here it is.

Above all I am thankful for God's grace and restoration in my life. I am not yet what I want to be but I am a long way from what I used to be. I hope I am able to say this every Thanksgiving for the rest of my life.

I am so thankful for Jake and Anna. Our two grandchildren are healthy and happy. They are a joy to be with and I cannot believe how blessed we are.

Julie, Bobby, Joe Don and Jamie are all healthy and happy. To see all of your children faithful to the Lord is a wonderful feeling. I cannot imagine the pain if it were different.

All four of our parents are still alive and going strong (tho just not as fast as they used to). As we look around at our friends, we realize how blessed we are to have all four of our parents still with us in this life. They are all still spiritual leaders and examples for us, their grandkids, and now their great grandkids.

God is good and I am blessed.

Comments:
I have so much for which I am thankful! Thanks for sharing some off of your list.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?