Friday, December 22, 2006

 

Favorite Christmas things...

I love Christmas. Here are just a few reasons why:

...family. Ridgells love Christmas. We eat together, play together, hang out together, worship together. I am so blessed to have all four parents still active, four great kids, and now Anna Claire and Jake. The last two will make this the best Christmas yet for Mimi and Pops.

...friends. We get to spend lots of time with lots of friends this time of year. Our small group hangs out, we see old friends coming thru town, and we have lots of meet, eat, and visit.

...parties. We have work parties, church parties, school parties, friend parties, and family parties. We eat lots, spend lots, and work ourselves silly cooking (well, Mimi does), cleaning (once again, Mimi), shopping (again...Mimi), and Oh forget it. This last part is not going well for me.

...presents. Not getting them, but giving them. I love to watch people open their presents. It really is more blessed to give than to recieve.

...Mimi (or Mom, or Marsha). She loves Christmas. She hosts, cooks, gives, laughs, and loves thru the whole holidays.

...hunting. If no other time all year, I can usually get off into the woods at least once or twice.

...it comes once a year. Maybe that's why it is special.

How about you? What do you love about Christmas?

Comments:
Discovered your blog through Tim Archer. I am enjoying it. Blessings on you this Christmas season.

I invite you to stop by my blog too.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine
http://stoned-campbelldisciple.blogspot.com
 
Hey Steve!! OH, you missed my favorite!! The extra 10 pounds that I gain this time of year. HA! NO REALLY! It is the 2 weeks I get to spend with my kids on their time away from school. It sure gets my mouth watering for summer.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?