Friday, April 13, 2007

 

Lessons learned from Grandpa

First of all the good news: my father-in-law had triple bypass and it went very well. The doctors are pleased, he is in good spirits, and we are thankful and praise God. So let me share some things I believed but had reinforced to me this week.

Having all of those people surround me at HIP the other night during the Garden of Prayer and pray for Grandpa and for Marsha and I was amazing. You always enjoy being part of those but it was amazing to be on the recieving end.

Our elders met with the rest of the family Wednesday night to annoint Don with oil and pray over him. It was really meaningful because I got to do the annointing, but I was reminded of how powerful that act is. It is Biblical and it works. If any of you readers are elders and not practicing annointing, start now.

Prayer works. I know it, but it always good to be powerfully reminded of it. We asked God to bless the Doctors, but even more we acknowledged that healing comes from God. He is the one who answers prayers.

Family and friends are special. For the fifty or so that showed up to hang around Thursday...thanks. You will never know what that meant. It reminds me to do that more often myself.

Finally, I wonder about the witness in that hospital. Twenty five or so family and elders praying on Wednesday night, fifty or so friends and family there to share one another's burden, about thirty of us still there to circle up and give thanks after the surgery. Let your light shine.

So say a prayer for someone, make a visit, let your light shine, and tell someone today how much you love them.

Comments:
VERY, very powerful testimony!
So glad everything went well with Don's surgery. No doubt the medical profession attending to his surgery 'felt' the power as well. I've had some of them tell me so when prayed over by a patient and their family.

Get better soon, Don! We need those hugs at HIP...

-Troy Stirman
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?