Thursday, April 19, 2007

 

What the heck...

It happened last night at HIP. It was intense, I was focused, God's people were tuned in, and we were talking about living the holy lives to which God has called us. And then it came... the music explosion. It only lasted a few seconds before they caught it in the sound booth. It seemed like it went on forever. I know that at first everyone thought it was part of a planned illustration of some kind. But no, it was a royal foul-up.

So what do you do? Well, first I had to be sure not to go off on anybody in public. Then I had to try to get my focus back. Then I had to try to get the congregation back. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't...but I did learn something from this experience.

It was just like my life. When I really want to be holy, something often intrudes. Sometimes violently. Maybe that's how Satan works.

A really good preacher would have thought to make that analogy last night.

Wish I had.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?