Tuesday, May 15, 2007

 

God is good...

My mother in law called about 6:30 Monday morning and said Grandpa had passed out. We thought he was doing great after his triple bypass one month ago. When I got there he was sitting on the side of the bed but not looking too well so we decided to take him to the emergency room. He was afraid he was too weak to get up in the truck so I moved their car around to the front of the house. I put him a wheelchair and got him to the front steps. He got down the steps but passed out again. I caught him, put him in the car, and he revived again. After getting Granny situated, I turned the key...and nothing. Dead battery. I called 911 and they were there in five minutes. By this time Grandpa was not doing well. They put him on oxygen, gave him some kind of shot and took off to the hospital. They later told us if they had not given him attention in the driveway, he might not have made it. If I had driven him, we might have lost him.

So what's the point of this? I think God kept the car from starting. Yes, I know the battery really was bad, I replaced it this morning. But why go bad right then? Some would say luck, some would say coincidence, but I am a Christian. I am going to give God the credit. Some would say I cannot prove it was a God thing, and that is right. But I choose to give God the glory for what others credit to luck. If he can part the Red Sea, if he can raise the dead, if he can give healing... then a car battery is no big deal

So thanks God. And I am sorry if there were other times you worked in my life and I failed to give you credit. You are much better than luck, skill, or fate. You are God. Always have been, always will be.

Have you had those "lucky breaks" in your life? Did you give God the glory? Share those stories now and give credit where credit is due.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?