Tuesday, May 29, 2007

 

Tod and Lee Ann...

When I first met them, Tod and Lee Ann Brown were in school at ACU. I know both sets of parents and all of their siblings. I remember when they got married, I rejoiced at the birth of their four children, and we just recently received Bailey Brown's high school graduation announcement.

Tod and I have been down lots of ministry roads together. We have seen ups and downs and prayed for each other, our families, and our ministries. He is a gifted and committed servant of the Lord. I am thrilled that he found his home in ministry at his home congregation, Golf Course Road church of Christ in Midland. He serves there as the Executive Minister.

But today my heart is broken for Tod and Lee Ann and their family. Late last night, their family was in a car wreck. Their 13 year old son, Conner, was killed and Bailey had to undergo extensive surgery on her legs. I have prayed for them all day.

There are so many things I do not understand. I have no great words of wisdom. But I do know that God is still God. I know that Conner is home. I know we will all join him someday.

God, be with my friends the Browns. Let them know and feel your love and your peace.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?