Tuesday, June 05, 2007

 

Advice needed...

He walks in our neighborhood between 5 and 6 in the morning and he lets his two dogs run loose. About a month ago, the little dog ran at Marsha from behind. After I ran his dog back, I told the man he needed to put his dogs on a leash. He never said anything. About two weeks ago I saw him again with the dogs still loose. The little one ran at me, I ran him back and said "you really need to put your dogs on a leash. It is against the law to let them run loose." He did not reply. This morning I saw them again. I asked if the little dog running loose was his and he said he didn't know, he couldn't see it. OK, maybe it's not. It's dark, and I can't see well. But then that little dog ran at our little dog, Jaxon, who I had on the leash. The man starts yelling at the dog to come back. So I tell him he has to leash those dogs or I will have to report him. He begins to yell at me...scream at me. So I reply that what he is doing is illegal. He pulls out a flashlight, shakes it at me and asked if I want to "get it on". I first laughed, then I said I would have to call the police, then I walked away with him still shouting and threatening me. So what do I do?

The John Wayne fans would say whip him and the dogs. Some would say stay home and don't walk early in the morning because he is a nut case and may use a gun on me. I thought about offering him a Bible study after pointing out that he is clearly not a Christian.

I am thinking maybe I should try for a different route in the neighborhood so not to encounter him. Maybe I should call the police and the pound because I think I have some obligation to my neighbors to make our neighborhood safe.

So what would Jesus do? That is the most important question. So I am asking for advice...what should I do?

Comments:
I would avoid him and pray for him.
 
You might avoid him with another route, but you won't solve your dog problem. They are everywhere. From experience, pepper spray makes a believer of dogs- and their owners who have to clean them up. It's cheap, it won't hurt the dog- and the owner gets the message. (And if the owner gets out of line, show 'em the bottle. End of argument.)

Personally- I take Roosevelt's advice and carry a big stick. Every hound knows to stay away from a stick...

-TMS
 
What if you bought him a couple of leashes and gave them to him next time you saw him? It is a shame to try to avoid him. That would be like being held hostage in your own neighborhood. I know you don't want to get dog bit, but if you did, it sure would give you a bunch of leverage. Go ahead and take one for the team.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?