Thursday, June 21, 2007

 

Random thoughts...

Just a few random thoughts before heading to Miami this weekend and preaching at a couple of different congregations.

Spent a week in Chile following up on last year's Herald of Truth campaign. They have baptized over twenty and still are working with another twenty or so. My favorite part of the trip was meeting with a small church on the outskirts of Santiago one night. About 20 people, and no one had been a Christian longer than ten years. Their preacher was converted in prison. What a great church.

Sammy Sosa hit his 600th home run last night, so the debate begins over the greatest home run hitters. Maybe Babe Ruth because he hit so many more than his contemporaries. Maybe Hank Aaron because he hit the most. Hard to say Barry or Sammy because of the steroid issue. My vote goes to Willie Mays. He hit 660 and missed two years while in the military. Then played most of his career in Candlestick, a tough place to homer.

Haven't seen my neighbor and the dogs again. I did appreciate the suggestions. Of course, the best one was to pray for him. The second best was from the person who told me if I carried spray, turn it the right way.

By the way, we are drinking Taste of Abilene coffee. Good call from those of you who suggested it. And Marsha is trying some of those "liven it up" suggestions for her coffee.

Got to take my grandson Jake to the zoo the other day. What a hoot (and not just the owls). Boy does he love life, as does my granddaughter Anna. Wonder where they get it. I sure do enjoy hanging out with them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?