Friday, July 20, 2007

 

What a great day...

Wednesday was one of the greatest days of my life. Avery Grace Gilbreth arrived at 9:35 that morning. Julie came thru in good shape, Bobby did well, and Avery Grace is beautiful. She is tiny (7 lbs., 10 oz. and 21 inches long, but compared to Jake that is tiny) and absolutly perfect in every way. God just continues to pour blessings down of us. Mimi and Pops have been keeping Jake. Lots of fun.

Right after the birth, I went to conduct the funeral of Bob Oetting. Some people think that is going from joy to sorrow, but they don't get it. Bob was a believer. His funeral was a celebration. He was born again almost 40 years ago so we were celebrating his life. Sure his family will miss him, but they will see him again.

I did the funeral with Phil Ware, one of my best friends. In fact, he had my notes with him in case I couldn't leave the hospital. Some think that is odd, leaving your notes with another preacher. Phil and I are close enough, he probably didn't need my notes. And we have filled in this way before. Nice to have a "just in case" preaching buddy.

Then that night, I got to baptize Travis McClure into Christ. Another birth. Some things had happened in his life to make him seek Jesus and we have been studying for a few weeks. He'll live forever too.

And the cycle goes on. Julie and Bobby will teach Avery faith, and someday she'll join the rest of her earthly family in the family of God and we will all live together forever. With Bob and Travis and others yet to be born.

What a great day.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?