Thursday, December 20, 2007

 

I love Christmas...

Do you love this time of year? I do. Here are some of my reasons for loving the holidays.

It is my daughter's favorite time of the year and has been since she was little. It's great to see her doing Christmas with her family now.

I live in a neighborhood that "lights up". I do it too and I love the sights of decorated homes.

I love watching little kids open gifts, even if the wrapping paper and boxes are more interesting.

I love family meals. Our family, with my side of the family, Marsha's side or all together. Doesn't matter. I love eating with people I love.

I like Christmas movies. How can you not love It's a Wonderful Life, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Scrooged, and Elf.

I like Christmas ties.

I like our small group Christmas dinner.

And all of this happens this year with four grandkids under 2 and 1/2 years old.

I am one lucky guy.

Thanks God.

So what do you love about Christmas?

Comments:
I love the NOW of Christmas -- now that I am finished with the frantic, and my children's friends are out of town so they are stuck with ME. Forced family time. All the activities are over and it's time to be together.

Any child singing any song about the birth of Jesus -- and sometimes just about a reindeer with a red nose -- makes me cry.

I love the cards -- pictures and letters from people that live in the scrapbook inside my brain. I love that they think of us.

I love the food -- not only eating it with family, I love the food. I especially love it when someone else cleans the kitchen.

I love the traditions -- silly and meaningful alike. My current favorite is the family puzzle. The day that school gets out for Christmas break, we buy a new puzzle and set up the card table. Only 50% of my immediate family gets into puzzles, but when we finish it we will drag it to Louisiana for even more puzzle family time.

Merry Christmas!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?