Tuesday, January 15, 2008

 

Politicals...

It is that time of year when we are all deciding who to support for President in the primaries. I will go ahead and tell you that I am leaning strongly to Mike Huckabee. After all, he is catering to the base that I am a part of -- evangelicals. However, I need to clarify a couple of points.

First, I don't really agree with the evangelical political agenda. I don't believe in reclaiming our country for God. I don't think God wants our country, he wants the citizens in our country. Countries do not belong to God. The nation of Israel under the Old Covenant was the last time God's people were together under a political entity. America is not a Christian nation, nor has it ever been. I resent the implication that I have a "Christian duty" to support certain candidates. God has been sovereign over this world for a long time before America and he will be sovereign for a long time after America is no more.

Secondly, don't ask me to give of my time or money to support Mike or any other candidate. I have committed my time, talent, and energy to a different kingdom and I do not have room for divided loyalty. I know many of you will think that is too radical, but I am more committed than ever to radical Christianity. I think that is what I am called to do.

And about Fred Thompson and the Church of Christ connection. Get real. There is not a real connection that I can determine. At least not one that matters. If you are into the church of Christ as a radical family of believers committed to following Jesus in this world... he is not part of that. If you into Church of Christ as some sort of recognized denomination or sect... then he has loose connections from his youth to that.

OK, enough of my view. Feel free to point out alternate views or share who you are supporting. And feel free (or pay me- laugh hard here) to share why support should be more than endorsement or votes.

Comments:
I would like Thompson if he were the mormon. It has nothing to do with his one time affiliation with churches of Christ. It isn't as if any candidate is going to help or hurt our mission as a Holy Nation in our post-Christian nation. I think many of the candidates honestly seek God and want to do the right thing because of that.

I would like Huckabee if he was ever correct about anything.

It sort of boils down to this: I truly am a Reagan Conservative. I simply think that way.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?